Lovebirds

Wednesday 2 April 2008


Around this time, the birds around my flat get incredibly noisy, which I find amazing considering I live in central London. I don't know much about birdsong, but there seem to be quite a number of different calls and they sound quite exotic. It is beautiful and so intense that sometimes when I wake and have my eyes closed I can almost imagine I'm in the middle of a rainforest. Unfortunately, it does happen at four in the morning so I do get a little sleep deprived around this time! My friend Andrea told me that they are all looking for mates and that is why they are singing so intently. Last year, the calls slowly dwindled off one by one as no doubt they all happily paired off, except for one sorry chap who continued for months afterwards. I can only think he was left on his own. Anyway, all this got me to thinking that I should paint a little lovebirds image to put on a card, and here's the finished article!

No comments: