Things I love no.1

Friday 29 August 2008

TREEHOUSES


Ever since I read the Faraway tree by Enid Blyton as a child I have been simply fascinated by treehouses. I think this photograph by Eugenio Recuneo particularly captures that feeling of a sheltered escape outside - the perfect place to snuggle up with a good read.



This book is full of great pictures of treehouses around the world and together with the Faraway Tree inspired me to paint my treehouse painting/card below.



It took me ages to paint!


If you love treehouses too, and money is no option, you could buy this Pirate themed treehouse from Scallywag Sloop. Or alternatively stay in a treehouse hotel such as


this Free spirit sphere in Qualicum beach, BC, Canada ( www.freespiritspheres.com )


or Punta Uva in Costa Riva ( www.costaricatreehouse.com )



or Hang Nga's treehouse in Vietnam



or have a day out, and take a walk on the newly installed tree walkway high in Kew gardens (www.kew.org)

No comments: