English eccentric

Thursday 6 November 2008


I have decided to make some little changes to the look of the office and so have been trailing the London shops for some new things. I really like the English eccentric look that is around at the moment so I paid a visit to Caravan. With chintz covered mannequins, teapots galore, and old wooden display cabinets in the shop it didn't disappoint. I even like the graphics on their website, see www.caravanstyle.com


I ended up with these chintzy cushions, and they wrapped everything beautifully. Another place I visited is just up the road from work, Howie and Belle.


It has vintage clothing, 30s style lampshades, French tub chairs, and curios. It always has different things. I ended up with a barley twist lamp.

The Howie and Belle website is www.howieandbelle.com The final stop was Tower Bridge Antiques in Bermondsey - a massive warehouse full of antiques and junk (photo below). You never know what you might find! I love this chair. Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in the office, which is probably just as well as I think I'd feel pressurised to dress like Barbarella every day just to sit in it!

No comments: