Inspiration no. 5, Jermyn Street

Thursday 18 December 2008



Whenever I need inspiration for my Men's cards I head to Jermyn street. The Anzu gigolo card above was especially inspired by the classic style of the shops that can be found on Jermyn street


Jermyn street is one of those places that just seems unchanged by time. The shops are staunchly traditional and English and primarily aimed at the Gentleman's market and I always find inspiration for ideas for my men's cards.



This statue of Beau Brummel, the quintessential English dandy and embodiment of elegant sartorialism stands in pride of place. Brummel famously shopped on Jermyn Street in the Regency period, although he would not have bought his boot polish here. He preferred to polish his black riding boots with champagne!


Whilst Savile row (which I also love) remains the place to go for the best suits, Jermyn Street is the street for fine shirts as well as selling gentleman's accessories be it shoe horns, shaving brushes or cigars.

It also has Paxton and Whitfield, which has great cheeses as well as pickled walnuts!

No comments: