Charmed

Wednesday 13 July 2011




Sometime ago, a lovely reader of the blog left a comment asking about the inspiration behind the Anzu charm bracelet cards. I couldn't comment back directly as I lost the comment, but here is the reply!



What I really love about charm bracelets is the symbolism, and that each charm has a meaning behind it. I also like that it is a tradition that dates back to ancient times. In ancient Rome, Christians would wear hidden fish charms to identify themselves to each other and ancient Egyptians wore them for protection but also in death as a way to guide them through the afterlife.



I think they are great gifts too, especially for bridal showers and god-daughters. Gifts that can be added to over the years, and just get richer and richer in emotional meaning whether they are vintage or modern.


But most of all I love the Chanel charm bracelets - whether they are Etruscan inspired, laden with pearls or whether they just have the symbols of Chanel. They are chic but fun!

Images: Anzu, unknown, hattonsantiques.co.uk, Chanel

No comments: