Iceland palette

Monday 10 March 2014


Travelling has always inspired my painting, and on a recent trip to Iceland I was amazed at the different colours and quality of the light. Today, I'm just experimenting with some colour palettes inspired by my trip. Above, the icy colours of Gullfoss.


A sky of hot and soft pinks and greys, contrasts with a dark mountain silhouette.



An incredible double rainbow against mossy brown rocks and a vivid blue sky.


When I think of Iceland I also think of red/orange houses contrasting with the blue. Above, a similar red with lime green and vivid turquoise ship tackle.


The clear and crisp tones of Vik


Although it looks slightly more grey blue on this photo - my overwhelming memory of the Blue Lagoon was a surreal, almost artificial creamy turquoise colour.

No comments: