Easter

Friday 21 March 2008


I love Easter, finally winter feels like it is at an end, I really like all the spring colours of mauve and sunny yellow, and shops like Fortnum and Masons on Piccadilly are such a treat with their displays of Easter hatboxes and chocolate boxes decorated with bees, hummingbirds and rabbits.
My Slovenian friend was also telling me all about how they celebrate Easter there, and I'd love to do something similar here. In her hometown of Ptuj they have family and friends round and have a big ham, salami, Russian potato salad, eggs, milk bread, and most importantly copious amounts of champagne! In Scandinavia, people decorate with vases full of pussy willows and pale birch branches from which they hang brightly coloured feathers and little decorations, which I also like the sound of. Have a great Easter weekend!
Above image: our new Jewelled egg card


No comments: