Atonement

Wednesday 19 March 2008


I have been eagerly waiting for Atonement to come out on dvd, not because I especially liked the film, but because I love the interiors and the quintessential English look of the first half of it. As I am still working on getting things together for my new office and adore that 1930s English look, (which I try and get in my painting as much as possible), it is particularly inspiring to me. I love the floral blue bedroom wallpaper, the 30s silk dressing gowns, the faded chintz armchairs, the varied floral prints in the nursery, and even the bunch of stocks and garden flowers Keira Knightley gathers. It was filmed at Shropshire mansion Stokesay Court, and surprisingly (because it looks as if it somehow has a modern take on a traditional look), the original 1892 interiors of the house weren't changed much for the film.



No comments: