Vintage phones

Tuesday 18 August 2009



As you probably know I love vintage Hollywood-esque style and one thing I especially like are vintage phones, so I loved the post over at Habitual Chic http://habituallychic.blogspot.com
As Habitually chic writer, Heather Clawson says of the picture above 'How decadent would it be to talk on an old phone while taking a bubble bath?'


My 1920s cream Bakelite phone takes pride of place next to my sofa ready for long, lazy chats.


Love the phone but also the handlettering of the YSL logo as seen in this shot from Yves Saint Laurent's home.


There are lots of old phones that have been rewired on Ebay so be sure to take a look. I think I'd like a red one next.

1 comment:

Di Overton said...

Oh dear I can remember when these were modern. Bring back the dial, that's what I say.