Vintage love

Thursday 29 April 2010



I love vintage fashion and it always massively influences my work. Above is my scarlet dress illustration which is on one of our cards, and was inspired by a vintage piece. Just recently via the great jezebel blog, I have discovered the excellent 1stdibs site, which features some truly decadent vintage clothes to buy.


It's always a feast for the eyes - love the rose print on this 1930s bias cut gown,


the stunning jewelled back on this Mary McFadden cerulean gown,


the mix of patterns on this Martin Margiela wrap skirt and shrug


the asymmetric ostrich feather trim on this Christian Dior gold lace dress,


trailing wisteria or is it lilac? on this strapless gown

and the cheerful Hawaiian print on this 1950s sundress.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Not only are the clothes vintage but for me the waistline is vintage. I remember well the days I might have wondered if I'd fit into such tiny waists but two sprogs later I don't have to wonder, I know what the answer is!