The studios

Wednesday 29 October 2008



The anzu office is in a block full of offices/studios near the Goldborne Road in Notting Hill. There are all sorts of people in here from nursing care services, to ceramicists to musicians such as Sophie Ellis Bextor who has a recording studio here. I was walking along the corridor yesterday, one of the office doors was open and I spotted this through there. I could hardly believe it!


I thought a bar had been opened but it turned out to be a drinks/bar-tending business and the guys were kind enough to show me round, telling me all about their business and showing me the finest alcohol in their extensive collection (all of which had been given to them as samples). They had even had to have special shelves built so that the strong bass vibrations from the Notting Hill Carnival wouldn't knock all the bottles off. This had happened to them in the first year and they'd lost a third of their stock.

Jasmine joined us, and before we left Ben made us some cocktails - a sidecar and two daiquiris, and gave us bottles of the company's pre-mixed cocktails to take away too! You can check Ben Reed's cocktail books out on Amazon - I especially like the glamorous "Hollywood cocktails".

No comments: