More Pret-a-Portea in NY

Wednesday 4 March 2009



The Pret-a-Portea is now over, but it was so exciting to see what a success it was and how much it has grown since the Berkeley first called me in six years ago. With a full page editorial in the New York Post, a feature on Fox news (see the link below) and with tons of magazine features, it attracted lots of attention.
Above is another illustration I did for the project, of the Bergdorf Goodman china and portea cakes.



The Berkeley and Bergdorf took inspiration from these dresses and accessories, and below is a small selection of how they were translated into cakes by the talented chefs. 


Click on the link below to watch this clip on Fox News, which captures the sheer fun of this event.

My illustration was in all the lifts of Bergdorf Goodman and I loved the way the menu ended up looking (below).


My friend Claire also managed to pop by and enjoy the tea, and kindly sent me this snapshot below. Don't worry if you missed it yourself though, the Berkeley in London serves Pret-a-Portea daily from 1pm to 6pm!

1 comment:

Wellicious said...

Dear Ellen, I really love your work! Well done:-).