The creative mind

Thursday 10 September 2009


Last weekend I went to the Walking in my mind exhibition at the Hayward gallery, where they had asked contemporary artists to create art/installations revealing their creative mind. I thought this one by Chiharu Shiota was quite beautiful and evocative.


If only the inside of a creative mind was as simple as this! Yayoi Kusuma's polka dots spilled outside too. But my favourite was Yoshimoto Nara's, which although slightly disturbing had a very contained creative feel. Peering through the windows at all the piles of sketches, artistic influences, and childhood memorabilia was interesting.


All in all I thought it was a really interesting idea for an exhibition. What would the inside of your mind look like?
On a separate note, if you'd like to find out how male/female your mind is, have a go at the fun quiz, which is currently on the BBC website. www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/add_user.shtml

No comments: