Home

Tuesday 28 December 2010


Just got back from the family home in Yorkshire for Christmas. Lots of eating, and just relaxing with family. I also went to the church above for Midnight Mass for the first time in a long time, where the service was a rather odd mix of Wuthering Heights and Father Ted!


This is how it looks in summer and was the view on the daily walk to school - I still can't believe how lucky I was!

The classroom even overlooked a bluebell wood. Ridiculously idyllic and sadly the school has now closed down as it was just too small. I often joke that my childhood was practically Victorian - walks to school through the fields, no central heating or tv, growing our own vegetables etc etc. And it was definitely richer for it.

Images: Alex Murphy's wonderful photos 1 and 3 on Flickr, 2nd image unknown

No comments: