Patchwork

Wednesday 16 January 2008



Although I'm not into knitting, and am useless at baking (as my recent attempt at cooking scones attests to), I am working on a new patchwork range of cards, which was why I bought Jane Brocket's book "The Gentle Art of Domesticity". This follows on from her yarnstorm.blog, and although it may not have inspired me into picking up a pair of knitting needles (my Nan already tried that on me to no avail!), it did inspire me to start a blog and the pictures of Mrs Brocket's stunning fabric patchworks helped me on the way to designing my own painted paper patchworks. I'm very excited about this range as it will be the first time anzu cards will feature laser cutting, and not least because the key design took me 5 days to paint - a bit like the real thing in that it was certainly time consuming! Above is a sneak preview of what is to come...

No comments: